After years of protest and a year filled with activities, it is looking good: the Veenkade. On Thursday 12 October, the local inhabitants held a small party on their newly renovated quay. ‘Guests of honour’ were a few former inhabitants: chestnut trees, cut into benches, found a new home on the quay.
English translationsAt Your Service!
While half of the world population has to eke out a meagre living with great difficulty, an enormous amount of food is thrown away in the Western world: almost a third of what we produce. The Conscious Kitchen tries – for the time on a small scale – to make a contribution to stop this waste, in its own way.
Due to new building and the splitting of houses, the population of ZeeheldenKwartier increases by hundreds each year. People live ever more closer to each other, which causes the quality of lives to come under pressure.
On 14 November, the annual Eland Meeting took place. During this meeting, the Stichting Bewonersorganisatie (residents’ association) Zeeheldenkwartier ‘De Groene Eland’ has reported what the association has done during the past year, and the residents have been able to respond and to propose ideas and points of interest for 2017.
Wheuk-flagn a street wins a Postal Code Lottery prize, the Oranje Fonds donates a sum of money to the district in which the winning street is located. The district administration then has to spend this money on a sustainable local project.
You have bought your dream house, and after a while you start to fantasise about a new bathroom with luxurious bathtub and a new kitchen! It will all take a lot of planning, of course, but where do you begin? If you’ve seen ‘DIY SOS’ on the BBC (or the Dutch programme Help, Mijn Man is Klusser), then you will probably prefer to call in a professional builder. But what risks will still be lurking, how do you cover them, and how do you keep control of the costs?
The situation might sound familiar: full of good intentions, you sign up for a year’s membership at the gym. Then after a year and two days you realise that you’ve actually only been twice, so you write a polite letter to the gym, saying that you’d like to cancel your membership subscription.
Wednesday the 29th of June, at 12:00 sharp, starts the 36th edition of the so called ZeeheldenFestival (Festival of the Sea Heroes). Once started as a small party to celebrate ten years of existence of the residents organisation ‘De Groene Eland’ (The Green Moose), this event now has grown into the biggest local festival of The Hague.
Since 17 March, the plan for the underground refuse containers in the ZeeheldenKwartier has been deposited for inspection. The refuse bag will disappear from the street and go underground.
Snel zoeken in Nieuwsgroepen ZeeheldenNieuws
Meest recente berichten
- Feestelijke opening van de solarzitbank en jeu de boules baan! 15 maart 2018
- In de Kombuis: Restaurant De Bistrooh op de Toussaintkade 21 februari 2018
- Rondje Hond: Ik heb het koud 20 februari 2018
- Egbert Bartolomeusz Kortenaer (1604 – 1665): Onverschrokken selfmade held 18 februari 2018
- Gedicht: Oranje onder 17 februari 2018
- Repair café in het Zeeheldenkwartier
- DDD Award (Dromen, Denken, Doen)
- En de winnaars zijn…… De Kraaien!
- Timelapse van Den Haag met mooie plaatjes
- Saferails: Nooit meer klem in de rails van de tram
- Opening 3e Haagse kerstmarkt op het Lange Voorhout in Den Haag
- Daklozen demonstratie Bij Haagse Harrie voor betere opvangregeling in de winter
- Declathlon geopend met sportclinics