Last week, the national newspapers informed us that crime rates in the Netherlands are much higher than indicated by the official figures. Unfortunately, we are also experiencing this in the ZeeheldenKwartier.
English translationsAt Your Service!
On 14 November, the annual Eland Meeting took place. During this meeting, the Stichting Bewonersorganisatie (residents’ association) Zeeheldenkwartier ‘De Groene Eland’ has reported what the association has done during the past year, and the residents have been able to respond and to propose ideas and points of interest for 2017.
Wheuk-flagn a street wins a Postal Code Lottery prize, the Oranje Fonds donates a sum of money to the district in which the winning street is located. The district administration then has to spend this money on a sustainable local project.
You have bought your dream house, and after a while you start to fantasise about a new bathroom with luxurious bathtub and a new kitchen! It will all take a lot of planning, of course, but where do you begin? If you’ve seen ‘DIY SOS’ on the BBC (or the Dutch programme Help, Mijn Man is Klusser), then you will probably prefer to call in a professional builder. But what risks will still be lurking, how do you cover them, and how do you keep control of the costs?
The situation might sound familiar: full of good intentions, you sign up for a year’s membership at the gym. Then after a year and two days you realise that you’ve actually only been twice, so you write a polite letter to the gym, saying that you’d like to cancel your membership subscription.
Wednesday the 29th of June, at 12:00 sharp, starts the 36th edition of the so called ZeeheldenFestival (Festival of the Sea Heroes). Once started as a small party to celebrate ten years of existence of the residents organisation ‘De Groene Eland’ (The Green Moose), this event now has grown into the biggest local festival of The Hague.
Since 17 March, the plan for the underground refuse containers in the ZeeheldenKwartier has been deposited for inspection. The refuse bag will disappear from the street and go underground.
Parcel delivery vans are a common sight these days, driving up and down the streets of The Hague, because more and more people are ordering goods via internet. You simply place an order from the comfort of your armchair and the product will often be delivered the next day, with no need for you to set foot outside the door. We call this ‘distance buying’.
The Pure Markt (Pure Market) is one of Holland’s most renowned markets; a source of exceptional, artisan, Dutch and international produce, food and creativity. Approximately 70% of our stalls are food related and the rest is a mix of designer, vintage and gift items.
The first edition of The Hague International Jazz Days will vibrate in the city centre on 30 April and 1 May. Brazilian singer and multi-instrumentalist Ed Motta and Curaçaoan-Dutch singer Izaline Calister are the main acts of the festival, where they will both present their brand new albums.
There are many of you living in The Hague’s district ‘het Zeeheldenkwartier’ and we would like to invite you to share your thoughts on our website.
Recently, we started to translate some of our Dutch articles into English as we believe that expats are also of course a part of our community.
We are all Europeans these days, aren’t we?
Snel zoeken in Nieuwsgroepen ZeeheldenNieuws
Meest recente berichten
- Bewoners van de Roggeveenstraat kopen hun eigen straat 1 juni 2017
- Gemeenteberichten Zeeheldenkwartier online zoeken 22 mei 2017
- Festival Designkwartier. En dat is vier! 11 mei 2017
- Straatverhalen: Drukke bedoening 11 mei 2017
- Openlucht Pinksterontbijt in Zeeheldenkwartier 11 mei 2017
- Zeeheld: Wim Reede 11 mei 2017
- In de Kombuis: Vincenzo’s 7 mei 2017
- Van de Voorzitter: mei 2017 6 mei 2017
- Volhoudbare Zeehelden 6 mei 2017
- Sint Crispijn (3e eeuw na Chr.); Standvastige weldoeners 6 mei 2017
Live Music Den Haag
- Repair café in het Zeeheldenkwartier
- DDD Award (Dromen, Denken, Doen)
- En de winnaars zijn…… De Kraaien!
- Timelapse van Den Haag met mooie plaatjes
- Saferails: Nooit meer klem in de rails van de tram
- Opening 3e Haagse kerstmarkt op het Lange Voorhout in Den Haag
- Daklozen demonstratie Bij Haagse Harrie voor betere opvangregeling in de winter
- Declathlon geopend met sportclinics